Software Engineer Intern
Decisiontek’s Internship Program gives students from a range of disciplines the opportunity to learn more about professional services in a dynamic and exciting environment. Our interns work on real projects and are monitored by Decisiontek Software Engineers. All interns are assigned to client projects and given responsibility for particular portions of the work. They participate in case team meetings and interact with client teams and associates. The work offers many opportunities for interaction not only with Decisiontek principals, but also with senior associates.
The successful applicant will design, develop, and maintain software applications in VB.NET using the .NET Framework 4.0. Duties include:
- Participation in all stages of the software development life-cycle, from initial concept, gathering requirements, to design, development, testing and deployment;
- Refactoring, debugging, and implementing changes to existing applications to meet project requirements;
- Preparation, drafting, and review of software documentation and project reports to meet senior staff and client requirements;
- Light administrative and clerical work.
The Software Engineer Internship lasts 3 to 6 months, each week consisting of about 20 hours, and interns are compensated at a competitive hourly rate. Decisiontek offers a diverse working environment and unparalleled professional development. Full-time opportunities are available upon the successful completion of the internship.
We invite you to explore our work and learn more about the Decisontek team at www.decisiontek.com.
- Strong quantitative and interpretive abilities;
- Self-motivated and driven to learn;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to successful completion while adhering to project deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enrolled as a senior in a Computer Science program and currently completing coursework towards a B.S. in Computer Science;
- Minimum of 3.5 overall Grade Point Average;
- 3+ years of experience (personal or professional) with developing object-oriented software applications in at least one of the following languages: VB.NET, C#, JAVA, C++;
- 2+ years of experience (personal or professional) using SQL with relational database management systems.
Additional Qualifications (not required)
- Experience with the .NET Framework;
- Experience with MS SQL Server and Oracle;
- Experience with DotNetNuke, ASP.NET, Javascipt, XML, and XHTML/CSS;
- Experience using MS Visual Studio 2010.
- Completed coursework in any of the following subjects:
- Operating Systems;
- Computer Systems Architecture;
- Data Structures;
- Database Design;
- Software Engineering;
- Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms;
- Elementary Theory of Computation;
- Computational Methods;
- Introduction to Numerical Analysis.
How to Apply
If you fit this profile and are looking for a challenging and exciting work environment, please e-mail the following documents in PDF format to email@example.com:
- Your Resume;
- A cover letter providing additional information on your skills and experience;
- A recent unofficial transcript.
To apply, you must be a U.S. Citizen or have authorization to work in the United States. If you are not a U.S. Citizen and qualify for employment in the U.S., please indicate the type of authorization you have in your cover letter. Seeking applications from principals only.