We are seeking a Software Engineer with 3+ years of proven professional experience in in all stages of the software development life-cycle. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing national team of analysts, economists, and software developers recognized for innovative work in transportation planning and policy analysis. The selected candidate will design, develop, and maintain software applications in VB.NET using the .NET Framework 4.0 and work closely with other Decisiontek associates. The successful applicant will participate in case team meetings, interact with client teams, and provide oversight to other Decisiontek Software Engineers. The work offers many opportunities for interaction not only with Decisiontek principals, but also with senior associates.
Decisiontek offers a diverse working environment, unparalleled professional development and competitive benefits. We invite you to explore our work and learn more about the Decisontek team at www.decisiontek.com.
- Participation in all stages of the software development life-cycle, from initial concept, gathering requirements, to design, development, testing and deployment;
- Refactoring, debugging, and implementing changes to existing applications to meet project requirements;
- Preparation, drafting, and review of software documentation and project reports to meet senior staff and client requirements.
- Strong quantitative and interpretive abilities;
- Self-motivated and driven to learn;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to successful completion while adhering to project deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight;
- Effective leader and manager of assigned project teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- B.S. in Computer Science;
- 3+ years of professional experience with developing object-oriented software applications in at least one of the following languages: VB.NET, C#, JAVA, C++;
- 3+ years of professional experience using SQL with relational database management systems;
- Experience with the .NET Framework;
- Experience with MS SQL Server and Oracle 10g.
Additional Qualifications (not required)
- Experience with DotNetNuke, ASP.NET, Javascipt, Silverlight, XML, and XHTML/CSS;
- Experience using MS Visual Studio 2010;
- Experience with mathematical and simulation models for transportation planning.
How to Apply
If you fit this profile and are looking for a challenging and exciting work environment, please e-mail the following documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your Resume;
- A cover letter providing additional information on your skills and experience.
To apply, you must be a U.S. Citizen or have authorization to work in the United States. If you are not a U.S. Citizen and qualify for employment in the U.S., please indicate the type of authorization you have in your cover letter. Seeking applications from principals only.