DecisionTek’s Internship Program gives students from a range of disciplines the opportunity to learn more about professional services in a dynamic and exciting environment. Our interns work on real projects and are monitored by DecisionTek Software Developers. All interns are assigned to client projects and given responsibility for particular portions of the work. They participate in case team meetings and interact with client teams and associates. The work offers many opportunities for interaction not only with DecisionTek principals, but also with senior associates.
Research Analyst Interns provide basic economic, statistical, and financial analyses, conduct academic and industry research, and assist with the collection and management of data. Full time opportunities are considered upon the successful completion of the internship.
The successful applicant will be working primarily on multiple transportation analysis and planning projects. Specific responsibilities may include academic research; conducting document reviews; organizing, reviewing, and analyzing data; creating and managing complex spreadsheets; creating presentation documents; and summarizing research and analytical results in written format. Tasks may also include preparing, drafting, and reviewing software documentation and project reports using MS-Office. Responsibilities also include light administrative and clerical work around the office.
The Research Analyst Internship lasts 3 to 6 months, each week consisting of about 20 hours, and interns are compensated at a competitive hourly rate. DecisionTek offers a diverse working environment and unparalleled professional development. Full-time opportunities are available upon the successful completion of the internship.
- Strong quantitative and interpretive abilities;
- Self-motivated and driven to learn;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to successful completion while adhering to project deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enrolled as a senior in a Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Operations, or Finance undergraduate program and currently completing coursework towards a B.S;
- Minimum of 3.6 overall Grade Point Average;
- Experience with MS-Word, MS-Outlook, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Visio.
Additional Qualifications (not required)
Computer programming experience with MATLAB, SAS, STATA, VB.NET, C#, JAVA, C++;
- Experience with academic writing and formatting.
How to Apply
If you fit this profile and are looking for a challenging exciting work environment, please e-mail the following documents in PDF format to email@example.com
A cover letter providing additional information on your skills and experience;
A recent unofficial transcript.
To apply, you must be a U.S. Citizen or have authorization to work in the United States. If you are not a U.S. Citizen and qualify for employment in the U.S., please indicate the type of authorization you have in your cover letter. Seeking applications from principals only.