We are seeking a Research Analyst with 3+ years of proven transportation analysis and project management experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing national team of analysts, economists, and software developers recognized for innovative work in transportation planning and policy analysis. The selected candidate will work closely with other DecisionTek associates on assignments such as statewide and regional planning, multimodal corridor studies, financial and economic analysis, goods movement, environmental analysis, and others. The successful applicant will participate in case team meetings, interact with client teams, and provide oversight to other DecisionTek Research Analysts. The work offers many opportunities for interaction not only with DecisionTek principals, but also with senior associates.
DecisionTek offers a diverse working environment, unparalleled professional development and competitive benefits. We invite you to explore our work and learn more about the DecisonTek team at www.decisiontek.com.
Research and subsequent analysis of economic impacts of transportation projects;
Development of quantitative models to assess the impact of transportation projects;
Analysis and presentation of research findings;
Drafting and preparing academic reports and papers detailing research findings;
Analysis of transportation projects, and their funding through public-private-partnerships and alternative finance;
Inventory, data analysis and description of transportation systems;
Analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed transportation plans, programs, projects and policies;
Development and/or evaluation of transportation planning methods, models, programs and strategies;
Provide oversight and direction to Research Analysts to effectively manage simultaneous tasks to successful completion.
Strong quantitative and interpretive abilities;
Self-motivated and driven to learn;
Ability to manage multiple tasks to successful completion while adhering to project deadlines;
Ability to work independently with minimal oversight;
Effective leader and manager of assigned project teams;
Academic writing and formatting skills;
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- MS or MA in economics, logistics, operations, transportation engineering, MBA or related field;
- 3+ years experience in transportation, economic, or policy analysis as a research analyst or consultant;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the various transportation industries;
- Strong quantitative skills and superior writing ability to draft and prepare reports detailing in-depth analysis and research findings;
- Project management experience;
- Solid business and economic acumen; a deep understanding of fundamental principles of economics;
- Exceptional statistical skills and an ability to present and explain complex analyses in an intuitive manner;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to analyze data using MS-Excel, MATLAB, SAS, STATA;
- Experience using SQL with relational database management systems;
- Experience with MS-Word, MS-Outlook, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Visio;
- Experience with academic writing and formatting.
Additional Qualifications (not required)
- Computer programming experience with VB.NET, C#, JAVA, C++.
How to Apply
If you fit this profile and are looking for a challenging and exciting work environment, please e-mail the following documents in PDF format to email@example.com
- Your Resume;
- A cover letter providing additional information on your skills and experience.
To apply, you must be a U.S. Citizen or have authorization to work in the United States. If you are not a U.S. Citizen and qualify for employment in the U.S., please indicate the type of authorization you have in your cover letter. Seeking applications from principals only.